Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rain, sweat, rain, sweat.....

Take this from someone who has worn out several pairs of running shoes...owning the shoes...even wearing the shoes...does not prepare you to run in the shoes!!! So all my enthusiasm to go running was only in talk....when I actually stepped out and started running I honestly was just waiting to find an excuse to stop...though I really wanted to run!!! Strange...

The run started off quite well....but most of the way up a never ending hill somewhere in the middle of Marketyard, I simply stopped and was like nope, not going any further....Srikanth would just not give up...on the run and on me either....so thanks to him...I ran up and down several more hilly roads in Marketyard and was thoroughly soaked by the end of it! Not to mention that there were a few more stops in between as well...and with pushing and prodding I finished running...

Slight fears creeping in about running a whole half marathon in a couple of months time...but I think fitness can be built up quite quickly and a little regularity and a little pushing will see me ready for my first half marathon :)

As I was walking up the stairs, I wondered what an oxymoron life was....to think that the things that put you through the most pain are the things that we derive so much pleasure from....was so happy that I went for that run this morning...besides the fact that it was unsuccessful on many counts...other than probably for the fact that it was the first time after I got to Pune that I got out and ran :) :) hopefully the first of many more runs in Pune....and a lot more running in the future....




No comments:

Post a Comment